Friday, March 18, 2011

SOUL STIRRING

I chose a photograph by Julia Margaret Cameron.



 I feel like is image is so strong. The direct eye contact with the camera and the way her body is positioned directly towards the camera makes for a very strong connection to the viewer. HOWEVER no, this conversation does not look like its going well Craig. The soft focus in the image does throw you off a little though. I feel like the image as a whole represents how strong and empowering women can be, but they still have a "soft" side. The lighting was a little tricky but i think i did an alright job. I used ambient light to get the angle of light just perfect. The fill light was difficult because i still needed that strong shadow line in the middle of her face. I tried to light this using a flash but it didnt work out so well. In the end, this is what i came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment